Friday, December 23

Boy oh Boy! I amazed at how much I was missing out on...

I admit it, I am a late bloomer. I didn't come to find Podcasts with all their wonderful, geeky, useful and amazingly unique goodness until late September if this year. And this was mostly due to my long Boardgame obsession(more on this another time). BUT! since that moment my audio listening has been pretty much engulfed by the spoken word. And it's fantastic.
I should mention, that my job (while pretty much "assembly line" in it's mundane, grindstone, day to day toil in an office space) does afford me 9 or so hours of complete audio(via headphone) enjoyment. Which means for the last 2.5 to 3 years of my 10 year tenure? sentence? or job(read:not Career) has been dedicated to the freeing of my mind(and the shackles of subpar existence) via Audiobooks(Audible rocks!) and music.

So while I am sure most of you have been into this a lot longer, I thought I'd share some of my favorites. Besides, it was by this very same method that I found all these gems.(Word of mouth)

  • The DiceTower - One of the best Boardgame/Wargame Review casts by the prolific Tom Vasel. 1 hr
  • Have Games will Travel - Paul Tevis's informative RPG & Board Game reviews. Interviews. 20 min.
  • The Ogre(Cave) Audio Report - The bros.Sugurabaker reporting on the Game industry, interviews. 1hr
  • Geek Fu Action Grip - Mur Lafferty's excellent essays, original fiction and geek thoughts. 30 min.
  • Dragon Page - Michael & Evo's collection of great Scifi/Fantasy movie, book & writer interviews. 1 hr
  • Dragons Landing - Chuck & Lonnie fill us in on all geeky RPG goodness. 1 hr
  • Escape Pod - Steve Eley's Science Fiction Podcast Magazine. Short Fiction feature & Book reviews. 30 min.
  • Random Signal - Jason Adams (of LuLu.com) has a cool 'cast featuring some diverse music and geeky musings. 20 min.
  • Brief Glimpses of Somewhere Else - Daniel's great original fiction plus the Japanese Word of the Day.And 100 Chinese Idioms. How can you go wrong? 30 min.
  • The Voice of Free Planet X - Jared Axelrod's short fiction. 20 min.
  • The Literate Loser - Mitchell Dwyer is currently reading Mark Twains: PuddinHead Johnson. 30 min.
  • The Seanachai - Insane flash fiction & essays by Patrick McClean(I swear he looks like Randel P.McMurphy - Atleast the Jack Nicholson version) 5-10 min.
  • This Week in Tech - Leo Laporte and company (some from TechTV) do some great Tech talks. 1 hr

Pop these titles into your favorite podcatch proggie...

So what are you listening to?

No comments: